Broccoli! It’s our all time favourite. And today, we are going to introduce a new way to enjoy this good food. By the way, if you are crazily in love with broccoli (Like bly), you ought to take note of this. Too much of broccoli will actually cause hyperoxaluria and also interfere in blood thinning medications. Well we guess moderation is the key word when it comes to food.
We tried different version of making broccoli soup and we found a perfect recipe for a rich and flavourful cheesy broccoli soup (We’re going to share with you!). Just by looking at the pictures, you can imagine sipping the mouthwatering flavours of the soup! Oh yes, it definitely satisfies a cheese lover’s cravings!
Ingredients: 1 organic broccoli, 1 onions, 1/3 block of butter, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cheddar cheese, 2 cups organic veg broth, 1 small carrots, 1/2 cup flour
1. Steam broccoli & carrots till soft and toss with olive oil and salt
2. Blend broccoli with veg broth
3. Melt butter and stir-fry onions then pour into blender
4. Melt butter and add flour to achieve roux base
5. Add milk and 1/4 block of cheese and stir to ensure a smooth creamy base
6. Pour in everything from blender
7. Stir and mix well
8. Thicken when necessary
9. Garnish with shredded cheese and a piece of broccoli
(Serves 2 pax)
We’ll be sure to make our own croutons to top with our hearty soups!